Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home Again Home Again






Home again, home again!



Well, almost.



After traveling to Germany to visit some dear friends of mine I met up with my dad in Edinburgh, Scotland to start a few weeks vacation with him through Scotland, London, and finally Vienna. After a day of travel and a short walk through Vienna's "downtown" we are currently resting in our hotel room which is much needed since it is 93ยบ in Vienna today!! My time with dad has been wonderful and it's been kinda fun being a "tourist" again. It was also refreshing to be in the UK where English is everywhere, especially since they sound like William Wallace and Johnny Depp. :)

I apologize for not updating this blog during my time in Germany, Edinburgh, and London. I thought I would be able to, but to be honest, I was so busy that I never got the time to sit down and update you all. There were several nights where we would get back to the hotel at 9 in the evening after getting up at 6:30 in the morning! It was well worth it though, and we saw some really great sites, with many days of guided tours with delightful guides. Here are a few pictures of our time so far:


August 16: I meet up with Dad in Edinburgh and celebrated his birthday in style!


Boat tour of Loch Lomond


Sheep dog demonstration

Long-haired highland cattle in Scotland

King and Princess of Scotland :)


Military Tattoo Festival in Edinburgh Castle


London: Classic phone booth picture


Westminster Abbey


After our tour of Buckingham Palace


Views of London in the London Eye, a giant ferris wheel


Window reflections at Oxford University


Now we're off to get some dinner and check out what Vienna looks like at night :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown,' and he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God, that shall be to you better than a light and safer than a known way.' "

-Plaque in St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle

1 comment: