Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Across the Pond





It's almost 5 am here in Vienna and for the second time in the past month I will be leaving Vienna. The emotions are raw, real, and are sure to continue as I travel today and return back to my home country. From Vienna I will fly through London and arrive in Philadelphia on Wednesday afternoon as I travel "back in time" today. In Philly I will have a short debriefing and then on Thursday I will fly to Boston where I will be greeted by my three lovely roommates whom I am very excited to see!! They are very sweet and all coming to get me at the Boston airport. :)

I am looking forward to the plane ride. I plan on looking over my journal entries from this summer and reflecting on God's goodness. I hope to share some of those over-arching reflections here as I will continue to blog even though my Vienna internship is done! Please feel free to continue following this blog past the summer. I hope to continue to put some thought-provoking posts up as the school year starts!

Here is a quote that is most prevalent for me today:

"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you."
- Frederick Buechner, Telling The Truth

2 comments:

  1. "Music is what feelings sound like."

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahhhh such a great post. love the quote by frederick buechner.

    thanks for for being vulnerable with us. :)

    ReplyDelete