Thursday, May 19, 2011

GCTS Commissioning

This past week, an article featuring the Vienna OMP team (my friend Alli and I) was posted on the GCTS website!

You can check it out by going here -->

The actual commissioning chapel service for OMP students was on April 26. During this time a spokesperson from each team (The West Bank, India, Austria, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, and Zimbabwe) briefly shared about their trip. Following this, a faculty member came up and prayed for the team, commissioning them to their respective country. Alli and I had the remarkable and honored privilege of being prayed for by our fellow classmate Ewald who is an Austrian national. Ewald is a recent graduate of GCTS and he will be moving back to Vienna this summer with his wife and children to do full time ministry. We will be meeting up with them in Vienna over the summer, which is a testimony to how God is already beginning the network of Christians for future ministry I do in Europe.

God is faithful, he is good, and his mercies are new every morning. I am encountering the goodness of God more and more as I continue to step out in faith and as I continue to love before I understand everything.



Me, Ewald, and Alli after the OMP commissioning chapel service



4 comments:

  1. ::big grin, soft/excited eyes, & supportive head tilt::
    This is incredible! I love hearing and seeing the consistency of your heart through convos, press, posts, etc... it is beautiful and will surely be filled by God prior, during, and after your time in Austria. How neat that GCTS chose to illuminate YOUR words and fully support what you've said (and all that's included in that) by posting them on their site as an evidence of what's happening and as something that has their full backing! The scribe's words are being officially and publicly scribed into a university released article... holler... you're amazing ;]

    Thank you for sharing w/ us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. i like the scarf, very European and cute. oh, and i like the "selah-on-stage-I- receive" pic from the article hehe ::grins::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am as promised, commenting on your blog. So excited that I got to talk to you today! So excited to see what God will be doing in your life in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete