Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Few Introductory Remarks

Before diving into the purpose for creating this blog and what you might find in the posts to come, my desire is to start this blog like I would a journal of mine. On the front page of each journal you can find Bible passages, quotes from favorite authors, song lyrics, or other phrases that caught my eye around the time I cracked open the cover. If you aren't familiar with my scribal tendencies, you certainly will be as you follow my musings here. So, let's crack open the cover shall we?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What we learn from experience depends on the kind of philosophy we bring to experience."
- C.S. Lewis, Miracles

"So true it is that a gracious hand leads us in ways that we know not, and blesses us not only without, but even against, our plans and inclinations."
- William Wilberforce

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
- Galatians 5:6

"One loving heart sets another on fire."
- St. Augustine

"Many are asking, 'Who can show us any good?' Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
- Psalm 4:6-8

"I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.' "
- Psalm 16:2

"The Church exists for nothing else but to draw men into Christ, to make them little Christs. If they are not doing that, all the cathedrals, clergy, missions, sermons, even the Bible itself, are simply a waste of time."
- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




3 comments:

  1. I enjoy the way your quotes/lyrics/etc do and will invite us into deeper thought and introspection :] I'm looking forward to getting a rare and privileged view of your scribal tendencies!
    I encourage you to put it all out there, to be fully human, and take the risk of being misunderstood in your rawness (things I don't do well... yet... but am working on ;) It's worth it and I/we want to go there with you


    Eagerly waiting to savor each syllable of this new adventure and follow you as you expose parts of your heart and give us glimpses into your experiences. much love

    (Oh and I really like the title font and format:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No scribal errors here ;)

    "One loving heart sets another on fire"

    I think Augustine was on fire. Wow, a dead person's heart can still set a living person's heart on fire! You are going to shake the universe for Jesus that will affect generations to come after you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black background with white text is a no no. If you wanted to print any part of this page you would need ALOT of black ink.

    I'm looking forward to following your experiences Brie.

    ReplyDelete